Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year One and All!

My internet connection is back, just in time for my New Year's round up! Much has been achieved in 2011 and there are a few goals ahead for '12.
The running story of 2011 has to be the 'Run-a-Month' journey, that brought myself and brothers Kevin, Cormac and Richie, joined by sister in law Ruth, to all corners of Ireland for 10ks, 8ks, and lastly a half marathon in wonderful Waterford City, and a brand new PB!  My stand out races were:  the St. Patrick's Day Dublin Run, The Tombrack 4 miler, 10k Chonamara and of course the Cúigéal 8k that I ended up winning!  And while I'm on the subject of winning - I also won the Peg Christmas Race for the second year running (a major family event!).  
I trained well this year, though not half as well as last year... I half stuck to the Furman training programme, but mainly just got out and ran whenever I could.  My biking experience in August was the stand-out event of 2011.  From a zero biking history I bought a new racer, raised nearly 5k for charity, and cycled across Ireland on my own for most parts.  It was an incredibly enjoyable few days - unforgettable.  
This coming year I'll be training for another marathon - Barcelona in March, and I'm hoping for a time in the 3.30s (3.39 will do fine!).  My main concern though is to enjoy my running - and keep on keeping on!  Happy New Year to all the other bloggers and runners - let's keep in touch in 2012!

1 comment:

  1. That's the spirit Breandán, keep on keeping on - building on your great results of last year - all through 2012 and beyond.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete