Friday, December 16, 2011

2 Mile Night Turn-Back.

I picked up Conor at 8.30pm and headed for the bog road of Seanadh Phéistín.  I thank the man for introducing me to night running, and furnishing me with the loan of a spare head-torch.  This beats the hell out of the treadmill any day (or night!).  Last night was particularly cold - two minutes into the run and our hands began to ache with the freeze!  We had definitely underestimated the severity of the conditions prior to setting off.  With only a mile gone into our run, and heading into some height, when it became clear that the road was far too treacherous to tread.  A sheet of fleet was settling into ice and our every step was a wary one.  We decided to turn back at the one mile mark and head towards the car again.  A pity, but a two mile run is still better than watching the latest episode of Eastenders.

3 comments:

  1. You are right, even 2 miles is better than ....

    I love this "A sheet of fleet was settling into ice and our every step was a wary one" - I am going to steal it and use it at the first opportunity.

    Still enjoying your blog, keep it up and keep running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a million Ian - and you are very welcome to that line! Sill enjoying your blog a lot too - on top of all else it's the best photography on the net!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'A 2 mile run I still better than watching the latest episode of Eastenders.' - that's my whole philosophy.

    ReplyDelete