Monday, October 3, 2011

12 Miles on the Old Ardee Road.

I was in the Wee County this weekend and decided that a good long run with a wholesale change of scenery with be just the thing for me.  I'm now following the Furman First Half Marathon Training Programme, and have dipped straight in to week 11 of 18.  My aim is to set a PB for the Waterford Half Marathon on December 10th, to finish off my 'Run-a-Month' project on a high.  This sounds more difficult that it is - my old PB is just 1.56mins, and was set back in the days when I used to have beer for breakfast (slight joke).  I had company for some of my weekend run - Benny came three miles with me, and ended up doing a very creditable six himself.  The old Ardee road is a very pleasant run - not much traffic and enough ups and downs to keep a body on it's toes.  I felt great throughout and kept a very steady pace of about 8.40mins.  Of course it rained, and rained, and rained... but that mattered not a hoot while I was out in it.  The good thing is that I'm hitting a wee bit of form at last - and what better place to start hitting a wee bit of form than up in the wee county!

No comments:

Post a Comment