Sunday, April 3, 2011

Five Miles on Mother's Day

A famous landmark on my 'out the door and up and down run', this old ruin was a grand mansion in long ago days.  Today, the Council has left a water tank outside this old house because the village's water supply has been contaminated by a home heating oil leak!

Mother's Day, with neither a wife or a mother in sight.  D headed up to County Louth to visit her own mother and family, while my mother left our little village to head up to the big smoke of Dublin City to see my sister and brother who are both married up there (not to each other, I stress).  I was working on Saturday, but today was blissfully spent at home - cleaning, studying for a wee project of mine, a visit from big Ron and his two fine boys, doing a bit of gardening, and of course, a five mile run!  It was my 'out the door and up and down route', in brilliant wind and threatening rain.  Thankfully the rain stayed away until I had finished but there was an icy tone on the wind and it took me a good mile to warm up!  I felt great today - the slow but sure policy is definitely paying off.  

2 comments:

  1. Conas mar a nig (wash) tu tu feinig gan uisce reatha ambaist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. mé féin a níocháin? Ná bí ag brú do chuid snubaireacht Bhleá Cliathach ormsa...

    ReplyDelete