Thursday, April 26, 2012

Big Ron Comes Back...

After a long stint on the sidelines, Big Ron finally made his running comeback on Tuesday, with a three mile trot around Bóthar Buí and Dóilín with yours truly.  Weather was wonderful on Tuesday, so it really was a joy to run up this side of the village, with magnificent views of the mountains and the sea.  Big Ron struggled a little coming up the hill from Dóilín pier and it was hilarious to see a supreme athlete such as he puff and pant in my wake.  Of course I made the most of this, knowing it will take the Big Red One about three weeks of running to leave us all trailing in his dust again.  'I hope you don't mind if I finish up at the three mile mark,' said Burgundy.  'Wimp', I replied.
Three weeks may be overstating my gloating time though...

No comments:

Post a Comment