Monday, April 30, 2012

Ah, the April Showers...

After a wonderful weekend in Gaoth Dobhair, where Richie, PJ and I played a very enjoyable gig in Tí Hiúdaí (we finally got a genre we're comfortable with when one person described our music as punk country, then changed that to dirt country!...), I got back to terra Conamara yesterday evening and was fit for nothing but stretching out in my comfortable bed.  Today, however, I managed to get out for a four miler - up and down the village.  I felt ok, not too bad at all, but I got caught in torrential rain.  I thought about darting behind the Secondary School until the rain passed, but what was the point - it was better to be running in the rain that getting cold while waiting for it to end!  Here's a serious point:  I haven't raced for months.  Not funny.  I have to get a race soon to get me back onto the straight and narrow.  There's more to life than dirt country.

1 comment:

  1. In Spring a lot of races will be held ... have nice runs, Breandán!

    ReplyDelete