Monday, April 16, 2012

Beautiful New Route - Just Beside Me

Conor and I went out for a six mile run yesterday evening and with time constraints we decided to run from the house, rather than take our usual drive as far as Seanadh Phéistin.  What a revelation.  Now, I do normally have a village route run but this time we decided to turn left down a tiny road called Demense.  I know the road well from my youthful days of taking a shortcut to the football pitch, but for some reason or other I've ignored this route when it has come to running.  The downside is that it can be rough underfoot, but it is spectacularly beautiful and remote.  Of course the evening added a good deal to it - clear and warm.  I've slipped a bit running-wise lately (I did run a four miler on Monday) and I've also slipped blog-wise.  But, I'm back for sure?!

2 comments:

  1. There's nothing more motivational than finding new, wild, beautiful and remote new routes. Glad to hear you're back - for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to hear you are back running, Breandán!
    Running through new routes always gives us motivation. Keep running!

    ReplyDelete