Friday, August 12, 2011

No Fear, No Doubt.

Two of the lads who'll join me a part of the way...Mark and Kevin

I am but two days away from one of my life's greatest sporadic challenges!  Three weeks ago I decided that I would cycle from An Cheathrú Rua, where I live, across Ireland to County Louth - from where my wife hails.  Although I run, and love to run, I haven't been on a bicycle 7 times in the past 20 years!  And those seven times were probably jaunts to the shop or around the green area in Knocknacarra... Now, I've set myself the challenge of travelling 300 miles (not 200 as I originally underestimated!), in 3 days.  I have no fear of the distance, nor do I have any doubt that I can complete the task.  I've been collecting for a charity called the Jack and Jill Foundation and I know that the money raised will go towards an organisation that has been of enormous help to a little darling that's very dear to my wife and I and to her wonderful family that have struggled with great dignity over the past year and a half.  On top of all this - I intend to enjoy the cycle to the hilt (providing my posterior stands, or should I say 'sits' the test!).  I'll be joined by some great people along the way - my brother Kevin, brother in law Mark, sister in law Theresa and possibly some others!  Pray for favourable weather!  Donate if you wish at http://www.mycharity.ie/event/breandan_o_heaghras_event/

No comments:

Post a Comment