Sunday, August 7, 2011

Implosion in Seanféistín...

I spent some of today's run in the 'little walking man' position!

I came a cropper on my scheduled 12 mile run today.  I finished, but only just and had to take a number of walking stops.  Why?  I'm not sure - there just wasn't any zing in the legs.  Last week I cantered the 11 mile run as if it were nothing, but I've certainly been pushed a bit with this new cycle-Ireland project, so I may be overtraining... Another reason could be that I underestimated the humidity and had under hydrated - I certainly had no water on route and had drank very little before the run.  At any rate, I ran and finished - no matter what shape I was in it will still stand to me.  As for the cycle-Ireland project:  we only have  a week left before we head off across the country in aid of the Jack and Jill Foundation, so tomorrow Kevin, Mark and I will be heading for the hills on a 70k cycle.  I hope the body recovers sufficiently in time!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing great long runs, Breandán! They are really useful for your training.
    Before I read your the cycle-Ireland project in your post, I had read an article about the Dublin bike scheme and the area along the Grand Canal which has more than eight kilometres of cycle paths. I've learnt that the Irish Government offers substantial tax incentives to people pwho want to buy new bikes. That's a great policy!

    ReplyDelete