Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Prom on a Clear Still Night and Looking Forward to Tuam

Last year's Tuam 8K brought Teresa and Enda down from the Wee County to participate with Big Ron and myself.  They won't be with us this year, but two other hares are coming...

I bought a treadmill two years ago for dark evenings such as these.  I live 30 miles west of my place of work in Galway City and by the time I arrive home every winter evening, 'tis as dark as the ace of spades.  However, it's hard to adjust to a treadmill after a few seasons outdoors.  So, I've begun to trot the Galway prom these evenings after work, where street lamps light the way and walkers, strollers and runners are plentiful.  This evening I ran a good and strong four miler - my first run since the outing with Rónán on Sunday last.  D and I are heading for Louth tomorrow, but unfortunately we'll be going in separate cars as I've got an early Sunday morning date with the Tuam 8k!  Kevin, Cormac and Rónán will also come to Tuam.  Each man dreaming of a fit year ahead!

3 comments:

  1. I wait the progress of Kevin and Cormac with baited breath hoping that a good performance will egg Kevin on to come to the South East for the Dunhill 5 miler on Feb 12th followed by creamy Guinness in Coleman's. Cormac will be in Dubai for a Golden Four meet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sometimes obliged to run in the evening after work too! That's winter running!

    ReplyDelete