Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Update after holiday: pints intake up, running uptake down.

Right, I am back from Rome and County Louth with some news of slippage on the pints front and a serious lack of movement on the running front. Firstly, I have increased this year's pints intake by FIVE! This will mean a rejigging of the schedule but I am not too fussed because I have been reliably informed (by the groom!) that the September wedding that was due to take up three pints is now to be postponed for a year, so I'll definitely cope with no pints that month.
Rome was beautiful and D and I took in all the sights but alas I did not run. The truth is, and I feel a little weeney saying this, that I have not really shaken off whatever cold that bothered me during that Craughwell 10mile run. I keep expecting to feel better as days pass but have the usual symptoms of tiredness and sneeziness. However small the run this week though, I will get out for something for sure.
Marko and I enjoying one of my five beverages that night - as you can see, it doesn't take much to get me merry anymore!

2 comments:

  1. A free tip on getting rid of your cold and shitty feeling. Run for a half an hour on the tread mill wearing a track suit and a rain jacket if u have it to sweat out the toxins. Follow that by a piping hot shower and a bowl of soup in front of the fire and a good nights sleep. If you still have a cold or feel shit after doing that at least 3 time in a week, you need a doctor mhac. Oh yeah and plenty water.
    Works for me every time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one doctor rich... i will try that tomorrow before the utd v munich game.

    ReplyDelete