Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Two weeks of heat... is it gone?

We took in a puppet show on Maoighnis beach, Carna, while the weather was fine...

Summer came at last to Conamara (and the entire Island of Ireland) and for two short weeks we were Mediterranean.  Now of course its back to the usual rain and cloud, but by God this is better running weather by a country mile!
I only managed to get out three times in the past week and a half while the weather was scorching hot  - for the rest of that time I was sweating like a pig on a roast. Still, the three times I did soldier forth were worthwhile - clocking two 7 milers and a 4miler.
I had good company for two of my runs (they were all around the village), with Conor joining me on Tuesday last and both Conor and Mícheál on Sunday.  In between I did a four mile run on my own - and suffered in the heat.
I am, after all, a pale skinned red headed Irish man, and I find the hot weather unbearable to run in.   Much happier am I with this blustery, cloudy climate.  Whisper it...

1 comment:

  1. I live in a part of the world that gets very warm in the summer. However, after our cool springs, it's always a hard adjustment.

    ReplyDelete