Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Stories on the Run.

There's always a story in a run...
Neither myself nor D have been getting much sleep these days due to the erratic noctural patterns of our little fella Murty. So, getting out for a run can be psychologically daunting; am I too tired, will I be able to do anything, would I better off waiting until tomorrow when I may be a little more rested?  Well, the answer to all of these questions is this: WHEN IN DOUBT JUST GET OUT!
So get out I did... down the road and up again, looking to clock a three miler, just to say that I'm moving.  But then it happened... the world just dragged me along!
First it was Darach in his van coming up Ard na Bleaistéirí... he drove beside me for awhile as we chatted away about this that and the other....
Then, it was a woman from Donegal called Fiona, who lives locally and is set to marry a Carraroe man this year.  She is a keen runner and is training for the upcoming Galway Women's Mini Marathon.  My three miler turned into a 5 or even 6 miler - I'm not sure.  Fiona was out with a local running group, and if my schedule suits I'll certainly be joining them again.  She was great company and we certainly dragged each other along with a story or two.
Now all I need to do is get Murty to sleep the night...

1 comment: