Tuesday, May 17, 2011

3 Miles Treadmill...

Well, t'was a treadmill, and t'was but three miles. But still, it was better than I've been doing for a while, so, on the day that the Queen of England came to Ireland, I'm happy enough with that!

My thoughts on the Queen's historic visit:  well past time, and very welcome.  I'm definitely no monarchist, and like most Irish men my age I was raised on a diet of waaaaaaaaay to much history (the average Irish person knows   so much about the past that we could each write an indepth book on any period!).  England and Ireland have had a troublesome entanglement for sure, but we've also had much to be thankful for... So, I'm buying my own Elizabeth action figure and putting her up on the mantelpiece!

2 comments:

  1. Do you run on treadmill in the spring time? I hope you'll have a great run along the countryside as soon as possible!

    I'm no monarchist too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the Queen doesn't join the one run a month club with us you should send back the figurine...

    ReplyDelete