Monday, May 23, 2011

3 Miles in Hurricane!

Ard na Bleaistéirí - part of my 'up and down the road' run!

Last week the Queen of England came to town and this week we welcomed Barack Obama - a red letter fortnight for Ireland of the welcomes!  Inspired by the 'yes we can' speech, I decided to brave near hurricane conditions to do my 'up the road and down again', three mile route.  I felt grand and the wind pushed me along up ard na bleaistéirí (the hill of the blasters).  Three miles isn't huge, but it keeps me ticking along.  Summer Irish courses start in two week's time and this marks the real start of summer for me.  At this time we're constantly on the go with 15 students staying in our house for 9 weeks solid.  Strangely though it's a perfect time to train like mad - evenings stretch along nicely and I usually have between 7-9pm free for leg stretching.  That's the theory anyway... Yes I can!

3 comments:

  1. Feictear Dom go bhfuil borradh faoin mblag arís theis foluntus fhada...ba bheag nar iompaigh me ar Runners World arís...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Queen of England and Barack Obama have just been to Ireland ... who will be the next one? :)
    Three mile route through the wind is a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss roads like that-thanks for the photo!

    ReplyDelete