Monday, December 20, 2010

The Run-in Must be Good...

Shot from car window on way to work... dodgy driving it was not (we were going 2 miles an hour!)

It's arctic conditions here in Ireland, so now, to go with our economic and spiritual depression in this country, you can now add another problem:  we are all down with the flu!  Of course, some of us are only touched with a mild cold, others have the sniffles and some more have sore throats, but, in one form or another we are afflicted!  And affliction means no running... December has not been good so far: just the one run, and that was on a treadmill.  I'm taking my own brand of cold (tired and weary me) to our Christmas work-do tomorrow and we're off to Louth on Thursday (weather permitting).  So this leaves Wednesday for a trot - and by God I'll trot on Wednesday if it kills me!  As for the small matter of my 24 pints around the year... so far, I've drank 20, yes just 20 pints all year, so I've got 4 more to go.  I may well opt to drink all four on a night out over the Christmas... Following my last pint of the year I'll do the big round-up here, and let all know if it was worth it or not, and what's next...

2 comments:

  1. Only 20 pints eh? This year I reckon we've downed about 100 bottles of wine to fire up our old systems, not to mention a few wee drams of Islay Malt by way of anti-freeze to stop us seizing up these cold nights!
    Hope the cold goes away soon and allows you a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that Europe's economy will improve soon ... and the cold too :) Have a nice training!

    Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete