Sunday, October 17, 2010

6 on Friday, 8 Today.

On my way out to Salthill for Friday's six mile tempo run I snapped this tree on the Claddagh basin.
The Dublin Marathon is but a week away and I'm well on my taper down now.  D and I were away yesterday, so a bad diet of cake, coffee and a late night, coupled with a fair drive home, left me struggling with my eight mile run back at home this evening, but it went well enough, all considering.  On Friday I ran my tempo six miler on the prom in Salthill - a lovely evening for running.  So, I'm nearly there - hope to follow a schedule of good eating, drinking and sleeping this week, for I face a big, big run on Monday next.
Route:  Salthill on Friday, An Cheathrú Rua today
Pace:  Tempo Friday, 9.15ish today
Satisfaction:  Both days 7/10

4 comments:

  1. You snapped that tree?! Such raw power!!! Save it for the big day, Bren, save it for the big day...

    Dan Rathernot

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is 'actual size'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dublin waits for no man or is that time. Anyway enjoy and look forward to a pic or 2

    paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a million Paul! I hope the pics won't depict failure!

    ReplyDelete