Friday, October 8, 2010

6 Mile Tempo.

The Salthill Prom.
To Salthill tonight and a good six miler.  Strangely for this time of year there was a stiff but warm easterly wind, and the tide was very high.  It was a great evening to be out walking or running and so signs on it as that is just what the people of Galway did, in their hundreds and thousands!  I was pleased enough with the run - kept a strong tempo throughout.  Following the run I went across to Maud's Ice Cream shop, to treat myself (I am feeling ridiculously smug these days, now that the bulk of my marathon training has been completed), however, Maud's was just closing so I had to make do with a Magnum from the Petrol Station!  There's 13 miler coming up on Sunday, though Rónán has mentioned a 6 mile race in Ros Muc that I would do, if I could somehow also manage to fit in the other 7 miles before or after?  That will be the last of the big training runs before the Marathon.  I'm not feeling too bad at this point...
Distance: 6 miles, tempo
Route:  Salthill
Satisfaction: 8/10

1 comment:

  1. Clearly thats where the good weather was last week over in the west and not in the east. as ever wonderful photos

    paul

    ReplyDelete