Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Warm weather, short run...

 



It's beautiful here at the moment - the sun shining, the flowers are blooming and even old ruins like this one (right across from our house) are standing proudly.

On the subject of old ruins - I, myself, am feeling okay these days.  Today was my first training run since the Park Run 5k on Saturday, and I really am just stealing a bit of time here and there between working, bringing kids home from school, bringing kids to accordion/football/judo practice, calling in to my Mum in the nursing home and calling up to Dad above in the house.

Still - the running is supremely important.  I need to get back to a level of fitness that will allow me to function with intent in everything else.

Today, I just did about 3k, with 1k easy, and 2k hard - at a higher pace than I'm used to.  This meant that, even thought it was a short run, it was tough.  I remember from my old Furman training programme that a tempo run like this can work wonders for your fitness...

Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment