Sunday, May 28, 2023

First Run in Nearly 10 Years!

 Thank God I'm finally, finally, back running (if plodding).



I signed up to the Knocknacarra 5k Park Run on Saturday last, and went in with brother Richie (above)- where we met up with Darach (pic below).  

It was a gorgeous morning - and the turnout was at the high seventy mark.  These park runs are normally well organised.  My last park run, back in early 2014, was in Westport with Big Ron.   I finished that in a time of 23.16 - and by all accounts I was disappointed with my time!  

How times have changed... I plodded through this run and completed it in 28.20 - a full two minutes behind Richie, and well behind Darach.  Even so, I was well pleased with the run.  There were times over the last ten years when I was sure I wouldn't run again.  To be part of a running community is something special.

I now have a marker - I know what I need to improve on.


3 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Glad to hear you were back running a great 5 km parkrun. I also ran a 5km parkrun some years ago in Edinmburgh.

    I visited your country last month (Dublin and Malahide). Guiness is very good ... I had it every day at dinner :-)

    I hope you will continue your training sessions.

    All the best,

    Giorgio

    https://giorgiorusso2.blogspot.com/

    https://giorgiorusso2.blogspot.com/2023/05/malahide-castle-village-and-gargen.html



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that Giorgio.... The Guiness is a delicious here alright! How is the running going for you?

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    I am not running as I should, that's why I haven't been running any race since 2019.
    Enjoy both your running session and your pints of that delicious Guiness :-)))

    ReplyDelete