Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Leenane 5 Miler?

I hopped on to the threadmill for a three mile run yesterday.  Now, you know that I don't like the threadmill but it does serve a purpose from time to time, and with the recent arrival of our first child Murty, it afforded me the chance to go three miles without moving away from the house!  Actually, this was my first run since the birth of our little boy.  The first two weeks of his life has meant a bit of adjusting in my own!  I was actually a little afraid of the prospect of this run - would I be able for it?  Had I fallen too far behind?  As it turned out, I just ran it nice and easy and it was all fine.  Another few of these and I should be back on track (or should I say, back on the road!).
Next Sunday sees the return of the wonderful Leenane 5mile road race.  I've done this a few times, and would love to be able to do it again on Sunday, but I'm not sure if we can juggle early parenthood around to facilitate the day out.  A race like this would really get me back into the groove of things... so fingers crossed we can work it out.
On the blog front:  I've just noticed that I've crossed the 20,000 page view threshold!  Hey hey, pop the bubbly!

1 comment:

  1. One run at a time will get you back... (even if you have to use the dreadmill

    ReplyDelete