Monday, September 3, 2012

5 yesterday, 4 today.

Back running, thank Jehovah.  
Yesterday, against my will at first, I donned the runners and running gear and shot out the road with the enthusiasm of a henpecked husband on a day-long trudge through the high streets of Dublin (please note:  my wife does not subject me to these kinds of days!).  I found the first mile a bit tough and the second a small bit uncomfortable, but by mile three I was flying it and the henpecked husband had magically turned into a smiley, happy fashionista (well, a happy runner anyway).   My route brought me up around the football pitch and back down through Demense, heading towards home.  A nice five miler on a lovely, fresh evening.  So enthused was I that I brought my shorts and runners to work for another run today.  This time I did my prom route afterwork, only four miles this time, but highly enjoyable despite a rough enough wind.  It's good to be back...

2 comments:

  1. I think it's time... In the mornings I see people running as I head to work, and I know I need to get out there and put in those miles... Yes I'm running in the evenings, but the mornings are calling me, so like you I will make a come back, and I know it will be hard to get out the door, and as the miles tick by I will know it was the right thing. So say this together: it's time to get FIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair play to all who brave the high streets and the roads for running and shopping.

    ReplyDelete