Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Monk is Back.

Stretched out after completing last year's lonely quest to cycle from Conamara to Stabannon.  This year I'll be joined by 30 others for the journey...

He's been away for a year, but the monk has finally returned.  Yes folks, with just about four weeks to go before I get up on my bike to cycle the width of Ireland with 30 other brave souls as we attempt to raise €5k for the Jack and Jill Foundation, I have once again embarked on a journey of 'extreme' clean living!  I started on Friday with a bout of starvation!  Porridge for breakfast, no tea or coffee, a salad at lunch time and then nothing for the rest of the day, except water!  Then at 7pm I drank some warm water with a spoon of epsom salts.  I repeated this at 9pm and then, at 11pm, I drank 100mls of extra virgin olive oil mixed with the juice of a single grapefruit.  This, my friends, is what we call a 'liver clense'!  The salts collect the toxins and the oil and juice help to flush them out!  And flush them out they did...  The next day I eased myself back into some healthy veg and red meat and since then I've been gathering strength.  Today I ran a 7miler with Conor and felt good.  Now the real assault can begin.  As for Conor - he is due to run his 100th marathon in three weeks time... and it will be an ultra one - a full 100miles. Ah... it's challenge season and I love it!  For anyone who is feeling generous, you can donate to our cycle at www.rosescycle.com.  

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of that monk detox before, i might even try it! Looks tough but good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your challenge season! Looking forward to reading your report!

    ReplyDelete