Sunday, February 20, 2011

5ish Miles in Louth

A run that brought me as far as Stabannon Castle...
I took the last week off from running, due to the onset of a winter cold.  This morning, up in my wife's Wee County, I resolved to get out and at it again.  My route was the usual Louth route - the little road to the back of Stabannon Church, then heading right, past the old graveyard and straight on for two miles as far as the old castle.  All in all I probably ran about five miles, or just shy of that.  It's strange how a short week away from running can set you back so much as I was struggling at times and even felt like turning back a good deal earlier.  Next Saturday I'll be in Birr for a 10k run with brothers Kevin and possibly Richie, which will mark the second of the O'Hara's 'Run Per Month Schedule'.  Unfortunately we will not have Cormac on board this time around and it's also looking dodgy for Richie (Cormac will be otherwise engaged as election reporter and it's likely that Richie's soccer commitments may see him having to miss the race).  Still, as long as we have two brothers per month it's still a valid cause!

6 comments:

  1. I hope to pull it out of the bag and be there Little Joe, it appears that Sunday's match is cup match so the gaffer might rotate the squad for it má déarfá. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll improve your run soon, although the short week away from running :) The photo of the old tower is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Breandán, here's wishing you and your brother(s) a good run in the Birr 10K on Saturday. Hope the weather is kind and conducive to a good fast race.
    Next up the Craughwell 10 miler?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Runningfox - thanks a million, I'm looking forward to Saturday alright. Craughwell is after that then on 20th March and I'll surely do a PB on that as I ran it while ill last year! Any interesting races coming up on your side?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've a 10K race in Huddersfield this Sunday (a very hilly one so wont get a good time), then a 10 miler at Thirsk on March 27th. Hoping for some good results from you to inspire us!

    ReplyDelete