Monday, November 1, 2010

First Run Since Marathon...

There I am, strutting my stuff in the Dublin City Marathon last week!
Got back on the horse today, well, back on the treadmill at least.  I had every intention to go for a real run in the fresh air this weekend but alas I caught a mild head cold so I waited for that to pass, and hopped up on my treadmill this evening.  I pressed some wrong button on the phoney road, so instead of running a nice and easy three miler I was propelled to a sprint every few minutes!  To be honest, I didn't mind...whatever way I got back to running was fine with me!  I'm still delighted with last Monday's marathon, and still clueless as to what the next challenge will be - though I think I'll look around for a short race somewhere local enough...
The sheer joy of crossing the line in Dublin - I was still unsure of my official time at that point, but I knew it was a good bit better than the race clock of 3.45.45 (it took us nearly two minutes to get from back of the pack to cross the start line).  As it happens, 3.43.57, was better than I ever imagined.

Distance: 3 miles
Route:  The False Road
Pace:  Quick, slow, quick, slow...
Satisfaction:  7/10 (just happy to be back at it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment