Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Slow(ish) run down to beach and back...

 I broke with my original training plan for a new and revolutionary one:  no training at all.  This lasted for over a week before I arrested the slide yesterday with a nice slow 4k run, down to the local beach and around the loop road back.

I felt the excesses of the past two weeks - the beer to welcome returning siblings on holidays, the beer to welcome returning cousins on holidays, and the beer to celebrate Galway reach the All Ireland final for the first time in 21 years!

Okay - too much beer.  The Claregalway 10k looks ominously out of reach - but still I will continue to push on with slow, mid range runs, for the next week or two and see if I'm anywhere near the pace... If not, we can adjust and go again!

Little Kathleen welcomes me back!


No comments:

Post a Comment