Saturday, September 20, 2014

Since I can't run.

I've been absent from running since last February, and am still injured (physio reckons it will take another 2-3 months of rehab).  Since I can't run, or blog about running, here's a poem I've written about being injured and not running!

Since I can't run,
I'll watch my boy learn how to walk.
The waddle.
Then run.
I'll listen to him wah.
Then woggle.
Then word.
I'll fit his first shoes on his feet.
And chase him out the door with his unpaid-for clarks.

I'll step him up to bed, one step at a time.
And step down again silently an hour later.
And up again five minutes later.

Since I can't run I'll pass each animated phase:
First Raa Raa, then Olly, then Fireman Sam.
I'll read him every Thomas book that ever was written.
Then I'll read them all again.

We'll visit our neighbours pony and feed him carrots and apples.
And clunks of grass.

We'll laugh like eejits while I purse wind against his neck.
Then I'll worry about paying his keep,
When I know that he'd live in a cave beside us.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you still can't run, and I love your poem, so now how about writing about drinking some of those 24 Pints!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea Coach Dion!!!

    ReplyDelete