Monday, May 28, 2012

Sunday Morning 5.

9am isn't early, but for a Sunday morning it's not too bad!  I was awake from 8 and sipping some coffee when I decided I'd get a good early run in.  My fear was that the day would become too hot for pale skins like me, so there was really only a small window for a decent run.  So out the door I went, down towards the lighthouse and then back around and up the village - 5miles in all, at about 8.40 pace.  I felt the heat even at that early time...  It took a wee while to get into any kind of stride at all but I eventually got accustomed to the day and began to enjoy myself.This was the first week in some time now that I've strung three runs together - albeit short distances (4, 2 and 5).  However, lob a 25k cycle into the mix and it hasn't really been too bad. 

The country goes to the polls on Friday next to vote on the EU Fiscal Stability Treaty.  What a joke.  If we vote no then we'll probably have to vote again in a few months time to see if we can deliver the answer our politicians want and if we vote yes then we will have solidified our role as the lapdogs of Europe.  I'm seriously toying with the idea of turning up to the voting booth and drawing a picture of an arse on my polling card.  Animation terrorism.

2 comments:

  1. The Irish people will be asked for their authorisation in a referendum to ratify the European Stability Treaty: that's a great sign for democracy although I think there is no guarantee a vote will succeed.

    On the running front, 5 miles on a sunny Sunday is good for increasing your motivation.
    Keep running, Breandán!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vote Yes...NO. Ok! Vote Yes, No. Ok! Vote Yes, OK! Who cares...The Euro's!!!!

    ReplyDelete