Saturday, January 30, 2010

Only One Week and One Mountain Run Away From First Pint!

Its the end of January - nearly, and the end of a completely dry month for me, so I am on schedule to complete the first part of my 24 pint year, thank God. I have already competed in one race (the Tuam 8k on January 17th) and posted a good time for me - 40.21minutes, so all in all I am happy enough with progress. According to my pints schedule I am allowed 2 pints on February 6th, but first there is the little matter of running up a mountain in Wicklow for 10kms! My brother Richie is going to do the event with me and our intention is to have a pint in the famous Saltee Pub, at the foot of the Annacurra Mountain after we have scaled the heights! Training is more or less on schedule (I need to run 7 miles tomorrow and then I'll be happy).

1 comment:

  1. Fair play to you. But why not go around the year in ZERO pints? For instance, how could you possibly enjoy two pints after running up a fucking mountain in Wicklow knowing that you were only going to allow yourself TWO pints? Would you not want TWENTY-TWO pints? If you had no pint, you wouldn't NOT enjoy your 24 pints. With January just passed, you might like to know that I have posted 40.21 pints which coincidentally, is the same as the number of minutes in which you completed the Tuam 8k! Stop the foolishness and get back up to the bar. And by the way, it's your round, buddy!

    ReplyDelete