Thursday, June 23, 2022

Day 2 of my 10k programme

I took to the local park for the second day of my training programme - once again, kids in tow!  I had planned on running 4 consecutive laps at a reasonable pace, with one slow lap either side.

However, when I got to the park there was a lot of activity there with kids playing football, so I decided to hop next door to the soccer astro pitch.  It was empty, so perfect!  Kids went to the playground, and away I went on my run.

I managed 4 consecutive laps at a fair degree of pace alright, but to be honest, the pitch is only about 1/2 size of the other one, so I added another 4 fast laps for good measure.

However, the final four I didn't do consecutively - I couldn't!  I broke it up to:  1 fast, 1 slow, 1 fast, 1 slow, 2 fast.  

I consider it a good enough job for the second day of my comeback!  A 5k run now on Saturday and that's week 1 done.  

1 comment: