Friday, August 5, 2011

Charity Challenge!

I'm planning to hop up on a bike on the 15th August and cycle across Ireland in three days, from An Cheathrú Rua to Stabannan, in County Louth, from where my good wife hails!  Nothing MAD about that?? This is way out of my comfort zone - I got up on a bike for the first time in years last week and have been hardening my posterior in preparation for this trip ever since!  All in all, it will be about 200 plus miles...phew!  Of course, this challenge is for charity - I've just set up a secure web point for donations, so please consider donating the price of a pint (€4, £3 - or whatever you can give).  Please read on - I'll sweat enough doing this so GIVE FULL ATTENTION!!

The background:  a year ago my wife and I witnessed the onslaught of a severe illness that has left a beautiful little baby girl fighting for her life and her distraught parents stretched to the limits of their vast coping powers.  They could barely manage, but for the help of a voluntary organisation called the Jack and Jill Foundation, which sends nurses to the homes of sick children and seriously allievates the stress on parents.  This organisation needs cash asap to exist -as it gets very little from our cash-strapped government.  So, my pitch to you; if we were ever to meet up away from this virtual world, would you buy me a pint or a coffee (I'll get the next round!)... if so, then please donate the price of a pint (€4/£3/$4...) or donate if you know parents who might need this support... or just if you can do it at all!  Click the link and donate!  Thanks all...

1 comment:

  1. Well done great cause! I'll donate two non-drinkable pints!!

    ReplyDelete