Friday, July 22, 2011

Four Miles and a Wicked Plan.

On a warm but breezy day I did a  nice four miler in Seanféistín with Conor.  He's quite a character... several years ago he took to running in a big way and is now within nearly a year of completing 100 marathons... so far, he's at number 70, and just trotted out five marathons in five days last week!  I felt a little embarrassed restricting the man to a four mile run, but as it happens the short distance suited us both this evening. I'm within three weeks now of my annual 'big' holiday, and I've hatched a wicked plan:  I intend to cycle across Ireland in three days, from An Cheathrú Rua to County Louth, from where my good wife hails.  I made my plans known last night and to my pleasant surprise brother Kevin said he'd join me - so good laughs ahead, though it will be one hell of a challenge!

2 comments:

  1. What a great plan, and excellent challenge. Really looking forward to reading all about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your challenging plan! Please, let's know about it!

    ReplyDelete