Tuesday, February 16, 2010

No Show Like a Joe Show

The McKeowns were in town so I brought the victorious captain of the Louth County Champions of 1996 - (the Joes of course for anyone ignorant enough not to know their Louth senior championship role of honour) out to Seanféistín for what I thought would be a four mile run (turned out to be 7.5). The last time I ran this route I felt like a man giving birth to a baby cow going up some of the steep hills, but I got on a bit better this time. The wee man ('wee' referring to Louth - he is at least twice the size of me) ran with me for the first four miles and then cut loose for the last 3. In no time at all he was a spec of dust on the horizon. What are they feeding these lads in Dromiskin?
Pic: The former captain himself, Enda, feeling the effects of the Tuam 8k, with Rónán in the background and D to the fore.

2 comments:

  1. Sure what would Louth people know about football :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheeky for a yellow belly... I'll get Enda to have a 'word' with you...

    ReplyDelete